photo m

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Easy Contouring | Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour Review

Easy Contouring | Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour Review
I am always looking for the new cheat for chiselled cheek bones. I suffer from baby face, a condition passed on from my mother where the face is cherub and round, no matter what diets you go on (*this is not a real condition). It also means that no matter how old I get I still get asked for proof of age when I am buying a lottery ticket or a packet of paracetamol. 


I love contouring! I have different powders and creams at various price points, all promising me cheeks like Angelina Jolie. I used to work at the Clinique head office and I really love their stuff so when I heard they had launched two new contouring products I was quick to snatch one up. The new Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour comes in one shade but there is also a highlighter to match. 


Easy Contouring | Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour ReviewEasy Contouring, Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour Review

Easy Contouring, Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour Review
Easy Contouring, Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour Review
















What they say
Glide onto bare skin or foundation to hollow out cheek bones or define the jawline. The swivel design means there is no need for a sharpener.

What I say
I applied my base as normal using my favourite Joan Collins Timeless Beauty First Base Foundation (review here) and used the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour over the top. The texture is really creamy and it is very matt, so there is no simmer that you get in a lot of bronzing products - perfect for this. I ran it along the hollow of my cheek bones and put a few dots on my temple. 

When I first applied the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour I was a bit scared of the colour. I am pretty pale and this is quite bronze so I thought it would really stand out. But after using my foundation brush to blend the product in I was really impressed with the result! The effect is subtle but noticeable, if that makes sense? Also... hello cheek bones! Where have you been hiding?

Perhaps this isn't a product I would use every day. It is quite a lot of effort to go to for my office job of sitting at a desk all day. But I love this for a night out or a special occasion, basically any time I may run into my future husband. 



Have you used any contouring sticks? Any drugstore recommendations?

Stay beautiful
xoxo


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I've seen so many reviews now of this contouring stick and despite the price tag I may have to invest- the results look amazing on you and as I'm also cursed with baby face syndrome this may be a good product for me too :)

    Emma | EMMABYDESIGN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Emma! This is so easy to use and I am still using it!
      x

      Delete