photo m

Monday 2 March 2015

Best Drugstore Lip Product | Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet Review in Peach Club

Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club

Sometimes we fancy a change. Perhaps we are done with the drying, cakey lipstick era or past the sickly sweet lipgloss' brands are pedalling to the adult market. Perhaps it is time to combine the two into the ultimate weapon in our beauty armoury. That's right, this year is the rise of the liquid lipstick a product that promises to deliver the pigment of a lipstick with a texture of a gloss, that sets matte! Oh you had me a the alteration, say no more! 

One such product is the Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks which are being hailed as a dupe for the pricey YSL Kiss & Blush Lip & Cheek Stain's. When it comes to splashing my cash I like to feel I am getting some bang for my buck; the product should reflect the price. So when I saw that the Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet's were £8.99 against the YSL £27 I snapped up a few shades in my local Boots drugstore, this one is Peach Club.

Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club
Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club
Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club



What they say
The Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet's soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet.
Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips.

What I say

First off, I haven't loved a product as much as this since my love affair with the Clinique CC Cream. The Boujour Rouge Edition Velvet's little tubes of liquid colour are the best things since banana and peanut butter. The texture is liquid and when applied feels very soft and as the name states, like velvet. A little colour goes a long way and the colour pay off is amazing. Once you apply the liquid it sets matte and there is not stickiness like most lip glosses. I love a matte lipstick and once it was on there was no transfer after eating and drinking.

If you are looking for something new to add some sun to your winter blues' then I highly recommend you pick one of these up. There are 8 shades in the collection and I am dashing out to buy them all! They are often on a Boots 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price deal as well!



Have you tried a liquid lipstick? What other brands should I try?

Stay beautiful
xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

  1. 8 shades, how can I resist! So tempted to get one of these after your great review!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, Thank you for your comment! Glad you like the product, I can't recommend it enough! There is an amazing red shade, a review is coming up on it!

      Charley xx

      Delete
  2. I love these lip products and after reading this I definitely want to get more shades. This one in particular is gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alina, Thank you for commenting! The fact there are so many shades means there is one for everyone!

      Charley xx

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous color! I hate when lipstick becomes cakey and dries out your lips, like the one I have on now! Great blog, Charley
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren-Lee, Thanks for commenting! What do you have on now? This product is honestly amazing and it lasts such a long time.

      Charley xx

      Delete
  4. Such a great review - I really need to try these!
    The shade is lovely, really suits you! :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee, Thank you so much! Really nice of you to say. xx

      Delete
  5. Bourjois do the loveliest of high street makeup, and this colour is just stunning on you!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is made by the same people who make Chanel, so if you are looking for dupes Bourjois is the way to go! xx

      Delete