photo m

Friday 20 June 2014

The Perfect Summer Scent | Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne Review

Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede Review 1
Hello my name is Charley and I am having a love affair with Jo Malone



I admit it is one I can only take part in when I am feeling indulgent with a few pennies to splash. I feel like I am spraying liquid money onto my body or wafting it around my bedroom in a diffuser. Yet it is a luxury that makes me feel expensive, even if no one else gets close enough to have a sniff, I walk around in a cloud of floral heaven. Sometimes I actually sniff myself....

On one such day, my card was burning a hole in my purse and rather than allow this terrible event to occur I had to purchase something immediately to reset the balance of rich Charley vs poor Charley. So striding determinately into the shop I grabbed a small black shopping basket and perused the shelves like a woman who regularly spends £80 on fragranced water! Having spent a good hour getting my Jo Malone fix, rubbing cream into the back of my hand and sniffing every jar and bottle on offer, the shop assistant was obviously disappointed  I only left with a smaller bottle of the Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne, no commission for you lady!

Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede Review 2

What they say: The essence of charm. Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile. Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower.  Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede. Luxurious and seductive.

What I say: I can’t say that I can smell apples, but there is a beautiful floral scent that reminds me of fresh flowers my mum always has in the kitchen. It is quite sweet smelling, but I prefer girly scents to musky ones. Also, have to point out that I do not get the seductive quality of it, men are not falling over to get a whif, but I certainly feel luxurious – maybe due to the price tag. I love the packaging. There is something classically British in the simpleness of the glass bottle and cream label. It doesn't scream ‘LOOK AT ME, I WILL MAKE YOU SMELL GREAT!’ like most of the Marc Jacobs bottles I have stashed away. It is something almost of a decorative object on my bedside table, something I can look at and think it makes me look sophisticated……no really it does!


(Purchased product)

Stay beautiful!

xoxo

p.s don't forget to follow me on Blogloving

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment