photo m

Tuesday 20 December 2011

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus, so he bribed me with a GlossyBox!

This month GlossyBox has stepped up its game, what with its PR push at The Clothes Show Live this month and various newspaper advertorials. I must say I am rather pleased for the company, the concept of GlossyBox is something I firstly thought was exciting and original. But slowly I am discovering that there are many other brands trying to do the same thing. I love my GlossyBox and this month the box is Christmas themed!




Look, Look!!! It is seriously pretty and im going to sound silly but the box is actually amazing, red and glossy so Santa would be proud. As always it is the packaging that really sets GlossyBox apart from the other mail order sample companies.




So now on to the contents of my lovely box. I have never heard of any of this months products so it was nice to be introduced to something new to try. I started with Cargo Cosmetics classic lip gloss in Las Vegas (£10, Cargo Cosmetics). It is a dusty pink with a slight gloss, perfect for those who like a more subtle lip colour. The gloss is high-shine but the best thing is that it isn't really sticky. I am not usually a big fan of lip gloss, I hate it when my hair gets stuck on my lips.




Next there is the Rituals Yogi Flow foaming shower gel (£6.50, Rituals). The smell of this is supposed to be indian rose and sweet almond. To me it smells pretty much like all other shower gels, the cool part is that it is foamy and you can make yourself look like Father Christmas with a foamy beard when you shower :D.




I love all nail varnish, so the Deborah Lippmann, Razzle Dazzle (£16, House of Fraser) is perfect for the Christmas period. It is a dark cranberry red, with flecks of red glitter. It may not be an every day colour but I am into anything glittery and this varnish makes Dorothy's shoes look so dull! I didn't put a top coat on and it chipped the next day, so to make it last add a clear coat to seal the deal.



I have quite oily skin, which is prone to spots and red marks. The FAB face cleanser (£13.00, Boots) claims to reduce redness with regular use so I will wait to see how this one tackles my problem skin. For now the product seems to leave the skin refreshed and smooth although it doesn't have a fragrance.




Lastly, my favourite product. The full size Nouvea Lash mascara in Noir (£14, Nouveau Lashes) comes in an expensive, profesional looking box and glides on to the lashes without weighing them down. I was surprised to find out it was relatively cheap for a mascara because it looks quite lux. I will however be sticking to my trusty MAC Studio Fix mascara for now.



If you got a GlossyBox then do get in touch. I would love to know what you all think.

For now, stay beautiful!

Pixie xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment