photo m

Thursday 17 January 2019

Where Have You Been?!


Wow... we have a lot to catch up on! Are you still there?

Where do I even begin, since my last post in June 2015 a lot has happened. I went through a huge break up of a long term relationship, started two new jobs and had a long string of pretty awful Tinder dates. (Anyone who knows me will have enjoyed my many stories - there was one that left half way through, the one that watched cartoons in his spare time and the one who waited outside my flat for a day,  oh and the endless ghostings).

Then out of the blue I met someone who found my erratic mood swings actually attractive and sometime I still can't quite believe it.

But that doesn't answer your question about where I have been?

To be honest the world of social media went from being something I loved doing in my spare time to being 9-5 working day job, I work in Influencer Marketing matching other influencers to brand campaigns. I get to meet some of the most wonderfully talented bloggers out there, a few have become friends, and I am always inspired by the content they create - just not enough to sit down and write my own.

I fell a bit out of love with the pressure of Instagram, posting three times a week and trying to take photos on a weekend when it was 'golden hour'. It was hard to do both and I really struggled. I wasn't ever sure I would return to blogging.

Something was niggling at me though, a little voice that wondered what if? What if people had actually read some of my stuff and enjoyed it? 

A few comments on my Facebook page were asking where the revews had gone. I blew off the cobwebs and logged in to see a number of blog views that surprised me. Perhaps not the number from the peak of my writing days, but there it was, 463 of you clicked on my little space on the web just last month!

In over 4 years of me not posting a single article people were still coming to my site! Perhaps it was a mistake? Those people had come to my blog expecting stories about Pixie's and found pages on shampoo and lipstick - for those of you that applies to I am hugely sorry to disappoint you.

But for those that checked in, read my ramblings and even left a comment I really want to thank you!

You made me realise that something was missing and that was this little safe place for me to pour my collection of garbled letters and close ups of my face.

Perhaps I am not back full time, but I may pop up and write something now and then. So for those of you still reading, thank you.

Let me know what you fancy hearing about in the comments below!

Stay beautiful
xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment